The Harbour School is a community where children and young people feel they matter and belong, enabling them to improve their social, emotional and academic skills to be successful now and in the future.
Our School opened in September 2007 to provide a specialist service for young people with behavioural, emotional and social difficulties (BESD) or medical needs.
The Harbour School provides a safe, happy and caring environment where our children and young people can learn and grow whilst being supported by experienced staff that understand their individual needs and behaviour.
We believe in taking a child-centred approach, placing importance on:
- Building confidence, self-esteem and independence
- Developing and promoting positive relationships with staff, other learners and parents
- Improving individual academic success
- Improving social and emotional skills
- Working in partnership with parents and carers
- Successful collaboration with other partner organisations.
Please have a look around our website and meet the staff and learners. We welcome all your feedback so please do get in touch.
The Harbour School is rated a 'Good' School by Ofsted (March 2012).
For more information on The Harbour School’s vision and values please click here or to enter our Virtual Learning Platform please click here.